Medical Plan Design Surcharge
More and more employers are requiring that individuals pay a penalty or surcharge for their unhealthy behaviors. BCI’s wholly-owned enrollment system allows employers to capture employee information by adding custom “snap-in” pages. The “snap-in” pages are seamlessly integrated with the enrollment system so surcharges are automatically applied during enrollment.
We create "snap-in" pages for the following:
- Tobacco surcharges
- Wellness surcharges
- Weight-loss/diet surcharges
- Biomed surcharges
- Health risk assessment surcharges
- Dependent medical coverage surcharges
"Based on feedback from our employees, having a pre-scheduled one-on-one enrollment meeting with a counselor greatly improved their understanding of the benefit coverage and available options. "
-Bonnie O’Meara, Vice President-Human Resources
Real-time HR Reporting
Click here to select a demo
Employer wanted to use a third party to perform the verification for several reasons:
- Not enough HR staff to perform the process
- Removing ineligible dependents could be viewed negatively by some employees
- Employer’s records were a challenge from an accuracy perspective
- Employer needed more data collected from their employee base – like beneficiaries, emergency contact information, etc.