Medical Plan Design Surcharge
More and more employers are requiring that individuals pay a penalty or surcharge for their unhealthy behaviors. BCI’s wholly-owned enrollment system allows employers to capture employee information by adding custom “snap-in” pages. The “snap-in” pages are seamlessly integrated with the enrollment system so surcharges are automatically applied during enrollment.
We create "snap-in" pages for the following:
- Tobacco surcharges
- Wellness surcharges
- Weight-loss/diet surcharges
- Biomed surcharges
- Health risk assessment surcharges
- Dependent medical coverage surcharges
"With BCI’s electronic enrollment process the overall project time was shortened. Rather than spending time tracking down missing forms, the HR team was able to focus on updating internal records and getting new benefit materials to employees more quickly. "
-Bonnie O’Meara, Vice President-Human Resources
Employee Enrollment Experience
Click here to select a demo
Employer wanted to use a third party to perform the verification for several reasons:
- Not enough HR staff to perform the process
- Removing ineligible dependents could be viewed negatively by some employees
- Employer’s records were a challenge from an accuracy perspective
- Employer needed more data collected from their employee base – like beneficiaries, emergency contact information, etc.